TPS Ratings Forums James Prize Points Strategy

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Got it thank you .

James McCarthy
    Participant

Right – see if I can answer all the questions.

Firstly Gary – staking is simply whatever it takes to achieve target profut for the day. Therefore stakibg will be different on different horses on different days.
    Last week my target was 5pts a day, this week 6pts, next week 7pts etc. Obviously this applies only on singles which is by far the most profitable route. My trixies and yankees are done in a seperate account with 50p unit stakes and only as a bit of fun.

Carl – although Freddies Portraut wasnt on list I did give a big indication that I would back it anyway – but apologies for straying. If following the list in chronological order however profit would have been made in 2nd race at Chelmsford.

Also you stop after 3 consecutive losers so there would be no 4th bet.

I also agree though – it can test your judgement if the strongest selections are later in the day – i do indicate which ones are felt as the best ones e.g Tontos Spirit today at 3.55. I do not bet the earlier selections if my strongest ones are later in the day.

Hope this all helps and please feel free to ask if there are any further questions.

Regards

James

Carl
    Participant

And can I also ask if I’m to stop on 3rd loss and your most likely to win horse is 4/5 horses down the list how am I ever going to get on it ? I will have won or lost 3 before it can be reached ??
    I also don’t understand why there are list to follow longer than 3 ?
    I’m not trying To be thick its my age Lol
    Any help appreciated

Gazcoyne

James, what Staking plan do you use with your selections? I note that you say you put them in Yankees, Trixies and can be used in singles, but I don’t see how you back them? You go on to say that you want to make 6 pts profit and limit to 3 losses. So you do you just stake to make 6 pts profit per selection? Thanks.

Carl
    Participant

Congratulations , must say your system is going to be hard to follow if wins are coming from horses not on the list tho? I know you said you liked the look of them but for those of use following a system it does make it a bit more difficult !!

James McCarthy
    Participant

Boom!! Freddie’s Portrait – job done for the day!!

James McCarthy
    Participant

Apologies should have said Ines with best chances and if most interest are:
    Tontos Spirit
    Marzouq

All selections listed at Chelmsford and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to resist Freddie’s Portrait and Miss En Rose!!

Regards

James.

James McCarthy
    Participant

Quite a lot of races and selections matching criteria today – 10 in total:

1.50 C The Blue Bomber
    3.55 C Tontos Spirit
    4.30 C Alfie Spinner
    2.30 Ch Drivers Girl
    3.00 Ch Bracken Brae
    5.10 Ch Whaleweigh Station
    5.50 K Fabulous Flyer
    6.20 K Hathfa
    7.20 K Marzouq
    7.50 K Blaze of Glory

I also had Freddie’s Portrait and Miss En Rose very highly rated and clear of others but these weren’t matched – will keep an eye out.

I have now increased profit target to 6pts per day and stop at winner or 3 losers.

Good luck to everyone!!

Jason
    Participant

Strategy 1: Jame’s Prize Points Strategy

This is a PROVEN strategy that works along side the TPS ratings. This strategy was devised by ‘James’ who is one of our long standing members. James has spent a lot of time perfecting this strategy and his efforts have paid off with a very profitable system.

“I have been a member now for 5 months and firstly I would like to say a huge thank you and well done to everyone who contributes on the forum. The information and advice offered is unbelievable!!”

“It has taken the 5 months to now settle on a strategy that suits both my style of betting and profit targets. I have taken Matt’s advice and used the ratings and also done a little bit of my own research and hard work! Therefore, my strategy begins the night before a days racing as soon as prices are posted on the Racing post website.”

The Strategy:

I limit my betting to races containing 8 runners or less and quickly go through all cards to find them – this varies from 6 races a day to 12 on busy days later in the week. All race types except sellers and claimers are included.

I then use an old rating method that has previously served me well to rate the top horses in each race. The rating system is:

Score the horse for his last 3 runs – 5pts for a win, 3 pts for 2nd, 2 pts for a 3rd and 1pt for a 4th.

• If the horse has won over course award 2pts
    • If the horse has won over distance award 3pts
    • If the horse has won over course and distance award 4 points
    • If the horse has been a beaten favourite award 2 pts
    • Finally if the horse is in the first 3 of the betting award 3 points.
    • Therefore a maximum score for a horse would be 24 pts.

To this score I then add the horses RPR (Racing Post Rating).

To this I then allocate a score depending on the price of the horse at that given time. This scoring is as follows:

• Evens – 23
    • 11/10- 21
    • 6/5 – 21
    • 5/4 – 20
    • 11/8 – 19
    • 6/4 – 18
    • 13/8 – 17
    • 7/4 – 16
    • 15/8 – 16
    • 2/1 – 15
    • 9/4 – 14
    • 5/2 – 13
    • 11/4 – 12
    • 3/1 – 11
    • 10/3 – 11
    • 7/2 – 10
    • 4/1 – 9
    • 9/2 – 8
    • 5/1 or longer 7
    • A score of 24 is given to odds on horses regardless of price.

Therefore an example would be:

2.15 @ Lingfield – Aurora Grey

Form Score – 17

RPR – 75

Price when calculated – 11/8 – 19

Total – 111

Once all races are covered I then wait until the morning to check my scores with Matts ratings and also Richards matched ratings. If the same horse comes up as top rated then it is a selection.

I combine selections in yankees, trixies etc but they can also be bet in singles.

The strike rate has been very high ranging from 40% to 75% most days and there have even been a couple of days with a 100% strike rate.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.